Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Tracks of my Tears...whoa-oh-oh-OH

Behold...Emma's latest self-portrait.

I asked why she was crying in the picture. She said she was a beautiful princess walking home from the ball and a terrible monster came out of nowhere and yelled at her and knocked her down and made her knee bleed and it hurt so bad but she had to be brave and run run run as fast as she could or the mean monster would get her and gobble her up.

"Wait a minute," I said. "Are you talking about the time we were walking home from summer camp and you stuck your tongue out at me when you thought I wasn't looking and wrenched your body away when I grabbed for your arm and you fell and skinned your knee and sobbed and screamed that it was all my fault and I was so mean and then you made me carry you the rest of the way?" 

"Yep," Em said.


No comments: