Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dr. Emma

Emma came home from school tonight, climbed onto the top of the chair in which I was sitting, and started putting paper band aids down my shirt. She told me to keep quiet and hold still. I opened my mouth to ask a question but was quickly silenced.

"SSSHH! Who's the doctor here?" Emma demanded.

"Emma," I dutifully replied.

"Who's the doctor here?" Emma repeated.

"Um...Emma?" I ventured again.

"WHO IS THE DOCTOR HERE?" Emma bellowed.

"Doctor Emma," I answered meekly.

Every time I attempted to speak, the above exchange repeated itself. After many many many minutes, Emma finally declared me cured and said, "Your manger of love is all better and the boo-boos have gone to safety."

She then charged me 25 cents for services and gave me "anty-botics" for later.

"Thank you, Emma," I said.

"Who's the doctor here?" she shouted.

"Thank you, Doctor Emma," I sighed.

"Good. You may shake my hand and then leave," the doctor ordered.

No comments: