Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Birthday, Emma

My baby is 6 years old today. Can't believe it. Can NOT believe it.

We had a party at Go Bananas Friday night. For those not familiar, Go Bananas is basically like Chuck E. Cheese, except they also have rides...bumper cars, a huge train, and even a roller coaster! The kids had a blast. Plus, the place provides everything for you - food, drink, entertainment, cake, pinata, goody bags - so the planning and implementation is totally stress-free. Considering I still have traumatic flashbacks to last year when we crammed 70 people into our apartment at the last minute because of rain, no stress was just what the doctor ordered. Emma had about 12 friends there, which was the perfect amount because the only real challenge of the evening was keeping track of them all. Except for one split lip (Callie), one temporarily lost child (Olivia). and one panic attack (ME...because we'd lost Olivia!), the night went off without a hitch.
Emma, Callie & Olivia ready to GO!

Olivia and Emma gearing up for their first roller coaster ride...first of about 25.

Blowing out the candles in her princess seat.

This is the face of a very happy girl.

Today, Sophie and I brought cupcakes into school for Em's class and her whole class sang her Happy Birthday (see video below). Very sweet. Of course, Emma sobbed as I left because she didn't want me to go, and Sophie sobbed as we left because she didn't want to leave Emma, but I've come to realize that no undertaking can be dubbed a true success unless someone ends up in tears. So...mission accomplished!
Center of attention as her class sings to her.

With two friends from her class, En Joli and Genelle.

Happy Birthday song on video.

Tonight, I will tuck Emma into bed and tell her the story of her birth. I also plan to write the story out on this blog later, so I have it recorded before my memory completely goes. Six years...wow. Still can't believe it.

No comments: