Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hide and Seek

Sophie loves playing hide and seek, but she hasn't yet gotten her head around some of the subtler nuances of the game. Like the part about hiding. And seeking. Therefore, she makes up her own versions.

Version #1:
She hides while I count, and when I say "Ready or not, here I come!" she starts yelling "Come find me! I in da closet, come find me!" and doesn't stop until the sound of her voice leads me directly to her secret location.

Version #2:
She "hides" right in front of me (ie, under a pillow or blanket or sometimes just by covering her eyes) and then commands, "Go find me! Look in da closet, and under da table, and then find me here and say 'Surprise!'"

We played both versions today. During version #1, I followed her voice and discovered this.
Then we played version #2, where I "found" her in this spot over and over and over again. For me, the repetition is torturous. By about the fourth go-around, I'm ready to wave the white flag. For her, the routine never gets old. Case in point: here's a pic of her after being discovered in the exact same spot, the exact same way, for the tenth time.
While the game drives me crazy, at least there's a substantial reward. I mean, seriously. Just look at that smile.

No comments: