Sunday, July 31, 2011

Biology is so cool

I often question my own value and impact...as a mother, a wife, an actress, a person. It's not necessarily the most fun way to live, but it's how I've always been. I rarely feel satisfied with anything I do. I'm always criticizing, worrying, analyzing, berating myself in my head. Why? I don't have an answer to that. All I know is that treating myself lovingly is usually an act of will. I am getting slightly better at it as I age, but I suspect it will always be a struggle.

Yet even on my darkest days, when I despair that I've contributed absolutely nothing of value to this world, I know one thing to be true: I helped create two extraordinary human beings. And that pretty much trumps every horrible, belittling thought about myself that I can conjure. Because Emma and Sophie? They ROCK. And without Chris and me, they wouldn't be here. We actually MADE them.

So, inner critic? Shut your trap. These two glorious girls are in the world at least partly because of me, and that's an accomplishment to be pretty damn proud of.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These girls are really something! I am just so darn proud of them and brag about them all the time. These photos are fantastic! We have the movie star in the first photo and the little princess in the second photo. These made my day! Love, G Kitty

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of your girls, Jen!!!