Friday, February 17, 2012

Am I Weird? Answer Yes or No

Sophie is really rocking Emma's world right now. I just overheard this conversation from the bedroom where they are playing.

Emma: "Do you wanna play the Yes or No game?"
Sophie: "Sure!"
Em: "Okay, I ask you a question and you try to answer it without using the words Yes or No. Got it?"
Soph: "Uh huh. I'm gonna say yes because I want you to win!"
Em: "No, that's not how it works. You try not to say yes or no, okay?"
Soph: "Okay."
Em: "Here's your first question: Do you like cats?"
Soph: "Yes."
Em: "Oops, you said yes! I win!"
Sophie: "YES! Emma wins!"
Em: "That means you lose, Sophie."
Soph: "That's okay. I wanted you to win."
Em: "What? WHY?!?"
Sophie: "Because. I wanted to share the winning."
Em: "That doesn't even make any sense."
Sophie: "Yes, it does. It's for being nice, Emma. Now you let me win, okay?"
[Pause]
Em: "You are so weird."

No comments: