Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Open House!

It was Emma's open house at her school this evening, and unfortunately, I had to fly solo for the event. Chris is out-of-town dealing with a family emergency and wasn't able to attend. I know he wishes he could have been here with us tonight, so this post is mostly for him. (Miss you, baby.)

Emma was so excited to show Sophie and me absolutely everything about her new school. She insisted we not only visit her classroom but also the book fair, lunch room, library, art room, music room and both gyms. I met every single one of her teachers, which was something I was never able to do at her previous school. (I even met the wonderful teacher who helped without judgment at the drop-off door the other day and was able to thank him properly for his kindness.) Everyone kept giving me the same feedback, but her gym teacher said it best: "Emma is adjusting really well. She already seems to have a lot of friends. You would think she's been going here for years!"

Music to my ears.
There she is - our third grader!
With her teacher Mrs. Regocki
Showing off her first desk! (They studied at tables at her old school, so this new sitting option is a big deal to Em.)
The girls getting goofy on the playground.



No comments: