Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...IN OUR NEW HOME!

I've always loved the holiday season, and it's been so much fun preparing for the first Christmas in our new home. I realize I'm completely and utterly slightly biased, but seriously...is this the best damn tree you've ever seen in your life or WHAT?
Yes, I love our Christmas tree...but she's not exactly new. (Although this was the first year we had ceilings high enough to fit all 9 feet of her, which was pretty cool.) Outdoor decorations though? Now that's a whole new thing. We've never had our own place on which to display anything before, so I've been excited for months at the prospect of seeing our front porch all lit up.

My awesome husband took advantage of the freakishly warm weather and spent hours today setting up outside lights. (Since we're newbies, it took some time - and a few unexpected shopping trips - to figure out exactly what equipment and supplies were needed.) I would have given up after the first roadblock, but Chris persevered and was just finishing up when I left for a concert in the city. (See how I said "in the city"? I don't feel like a suburbanite, but I can play that role.)

Tonight, I came home to find this waiting for me.
I actually teared up when I saw it.

Best. Christmas. Present. EVER.

Thanks, baby.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW OH WOW - just beautiful! Congratulations on a beautiful Christmas house. Love, G Kitty