Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Week That Was

After so many days/weeks/months of crappy weather, the girls have had such awful cases of cabin fever. They've been pretty good sports, but it has still taken its toll.

Making the best of being indoors

But the weather has been mostly warm this week, so we've actually been able to get out and enjoy the fresh air. With Sophie so young, I've been hesitant to take her outside for very long in frigid temps, which means poor Emma hasn't had much outdoor time lately. She was so darn excited just to go down the slide and run around yesterday at the park that I had to snap some pics.

This week is also the first in which I've stuck to my gym plan. Yes, believe it or not, I joined a gym recently. (All right already, you can pick up your jaw off the floor now, thank you). My goal is to go three times a week, but it had yet to happen - due to illness, scheduling conflicts, and mostly just plain old procrastination. But this week, I actually did it! I made it through a 50 minute Step class on Monday. (50 MINUTES PEOPLE! Maybe not long to some, but considering I usually don't make it past the warm up section of my Tae Bo video, it's a lonnngggg time for me). Tuesday I walked/jogged two miles on the track. And today I did 25 minutes on the elliptical machine. Granted, I know none of these endeavors qualify as a Herculean effort, but in my sedentary world, they are the equivalent of completing a marathon AND triathlon before 9am. In fact, except for an incredibly brief stint at the YMCA a few months after Emma was born - which consisted of two visits during which I barely laced up my sneakers before the nursery paged me to take home my screaming child - I've never before been a gym member. But now I find myself doing the gym thang and, so far, actually liking it.

Other than work and play, our week has been reasonably uneventful. We've had the pleasure of our friend Sam's company a couple days. Sophie sat in her jumperoo for the first time...the jury still seems to be out on that one. We finally completed our taxes. Oh, and Emma decided to poop on the floor of her bedroom for some unknown reason. (When asked why, she replied, "Because I wanted to.") So basically, business as usual.

And now we look forward to the weekend...out of town visitors! (Grandma, Aunt Cara, Callie & Cadin...Yippee!) Lewis and Clark opening! Yet another dentist visit! Late night karaoke! A Cubs game!

Happy weekend to you all...and Spring, you fickle thing, please do not run away again.

2 comments:

anonymous said...

i absolutely love sophie's face in that picture!

chrismath said...

That's an awesome picture, honey!