Monday, June 16, 2008

Emma on a Monday

  • Wakes up very, very proud of herself b/c she has not gone pee in her pull up at all during the night. Hooray!
  • Kisses her sister on the head while she nurses and declares, "She's a lovely baby."
  • Tells me that her new canvas shoes - which she calls her tap shoes b/c she likes to make sounds with them on the floor - hurt her feet when she was 3 but no longer hurt because now she's 4. However, after wearing them to the park today and getting another blister, she tosses the shoes across the room and screams, "Stupid shoes." Then under her breath she says to herself, "You're not supposed to say stupid."
  • Brushes my hair with the straw from her cup. When I ask her to stop b/c she's getting apple juice all over me, she says, "But juice makes your hair squeaky."
  • Sample Emma dialogue on the way to car this morning: "Oooh, I'm going to pick a dandelion for Daddy. Daddy will be so snuggly and happy when he sees his dandelion. Dandelion rhymes with lion. Dandelions need lots of water. After lunch and our naps, Dandelion will be very thirsty and I will give him water. He will drink the water and say 'thank you' and I will be his Mommy. Cats love ice. I can do magic. Supermagic. Fairy magic. Grandma is my family. Dandelions are soooo beautiful."
  • Goes potty at the gym's nursery and comes out of the bathroom with her skirt off. When a teacher asks Em where her skirt is, she says "I'm hot" and then runs off to play in her Ariel panties. The teacher finds the skirt in the bathroom trash, digs it out and makes Em put it back on. As the teacher tells me this story, a totally unperturbed Emma looks at me and says, "I have to whisper you something." Then Em asks quietly in my ear, "Can I take my skirt off now?"
  • Breaks out various kung fu moves throughout the day that she learned last night from Kung Fu Panda. She always ends each round of kicks and punches with, "That. Was. AWESOME! Can we do it again?"
  • Cooks up some sugar water in her kitchen and informs me I must drink it all because I am sick and only sugar will make me better. This, as much or more than anything Emma has done in the last four years, confirms to me that she is truly her mother's daughter.

1 comment:

chrismath said...

I love these lists!