Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Wow, what a Mother's Day weekend!

My mother-in-law Pat flew into town on Saturday to surprise all of us. She was only here for one night, but we packed a lot into 24 hours. She played games and went to the park with the girls, came to see my show, and had a wonderful brunch with all of us courtesy of my fabulous husband. The girls were over the moon to see their Grandma Kitty, and Emma sobbed her little heart out when it was time for Pat to go.

Then this afternoon Gran, Aunt Marg, Aunt Karen, Lisa, Terry and Tori all drove up from Indiana to see my matinee. We had a wonderful dinner together afterward, and they even brought me a corsage! Having so much family travel so far to see me onstage meant the world to me and helped make this Mother's Day weekend extra special.

I also got great cards, a new satin sleeping mask and a reflexology session from Chris and the girls. And Emma drew me a special picture of our family, the sun, and several telephones. (Phones are a particular artistic obsession of Emma's lately.) But the best gift of all is one I get to enjoy every day - having such fabulous, entertaining and fascinating daughters in my life. How weird to think that just five short years ago I had yet to meet the two girls around which my world now revolves. It's been quite a ride so far Em & Soph, and I can't wait to see where tomorrow takes us.
To all you moms out there - Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: