Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday...pros and cons

Pro:
My husband got to come home early from work today!

Con:
My husband came home sick from work today and has been in bed ever since. This is the third time in almost as many weeks that the man has been sick in bed. I'm very worried about his apparently nonexistent immune system.

Pro:
My eldest greeted me at her school with a very loud and excited "Yay! I was HOPING it would be you picking me up today, Mommy!" (School pickup is usually a Daddy job, but...well, see first pro/con.)

Con:
My eldest followed the above jubilant declaration with two hours of total attitude, culminating in me saying goodbye as I left for work and her replying, "Duh. Just go already Mom."

Pro:
Had a great show tonight...good audience, responsive, even some "whoo-hoos!" during curtain call...very nice and gratifying.

Con:
The truck was positioned wrong in Act 1, so a whole scene between another actor and myself was done completely in the dark while our intended spotlight lit the empty stage to our right. Ah...the joys of live theatre.

Pro:
Sophie was a true delight today. We went to the gym, to the park, to Costco, and good times were had by all. Plus she took a three hour nap!

Con:
Walked in the door at 11:30pm to the overwhelming stench of poop. Poor Sophie had gone all over herself, her clothes, her sheets...everything. In the process of this, she had somehow turned herself shortways in the crib so she was laying with her legs wedged through the crib slats, facedown in her own poo. It was a nice welcome home.

Pro:
When I woke up Sophie from a very deep sleep and laid her on the changing table for poop damage control, she was completely disoriented. Then she focused on my face, broke into a huge smile and uttered a very relieved and grateful "Hi, Mama." It was a nice welcome home.

1 comment:

Annie Crow said...

So sorry about the poop explosion - glad you got some love out of it.