Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Some Wednesday Emma Nuggets

Driving home from an audition, Emma wanted to know why I was changing lanes. I told her I needed to get over because we were exiting the highway. She kept repeating that new word to herself, enunciating every syllable: "ex-it-ing, ex-it-ing." As we reached the off ramp, she yelled, "Yeah-hoo! We're exercising the highway!"

One of our gym's angelic nursery workers, Tammy, staged a dance party for the kids while I was gasping for air in cycling class. When I arrived to pick up the girls, Em was barely able to contain herself. The energy hands were flying at warp speed as she shouted, "Mommy, I danced at Studio 4 [translation: 54], and we danced hopscotch [trans: hip hop] and dish coal [trans: disco] and the slide and the twicks [trans: twist] until all our wiggles were out of our body, except mine are STILL IN! Can you believe it? Tammy says I closed the place!"

I told Emma that her friend Esly's dad passed away this morning, so we should draw her a picture because she is very sad. Em was pretty freaked out by the news (death is a minor obsession lately), so I explained that Esly's father was very, very old - almost 100 years old - and that his body just stopped working. She sat quietly for a few seconds before whispering in awe, "Wow, he was almost 100 years old? That's even older than Daddy."

1 comment:

chrismath said...

I suppose I should be happy with the fact that, at least, I'm not quite 100 yet in my daughter's eyes...