Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Emma and Sophie on a Tuesday

Sound bites from today:
  • After her bath, Sophie told me all about her "nippens" (a.k.a., nipples). When I asked her where they were she said, "On my shoulders!"
  • Emma reminded us to sign her "wiggly assessment" form for school. I told her that the correct pronunciation was weekly assessment. She replied, "That makes absolutely no sense."
  • Picking up Sophie at the nursery, I gave her a big smile and said, "Hi! How's my baby? Did you miss me?" This is my typical greeting, and usually her response is an enthusiastic "YES!" Today she answered, "NO! Go away, Mama. My not done having fun."
  • I asked Emma why she only got 50% on her classwork last week. She cried indignantly, "Mrs. Parker tricked me! She said if I didn't know the answer then I should guess, but when I guessed she counted the answer wrong. That's against the law!"
  • Emma checked out the beginning buds in Elena's flowerbed and encouraged Sophie to come smell the flowers. Sophie took a big sniff and exclaimed, "That's disgusting!"
  • Emma complained on the way back from the bus that she was really tired. "Why?" I asked. "Because I worked really hard today at school," she said. "Being smart is such a burden."
  • Sophie wriggled away during her diaper change and declared, "No, Mama. That my butts. No touch my butts, Mama!"
  • Emma was so excited to show us the gift her friend Ani gave her at school. It was a coupon for $1 off Tide laundry detergent.
Video highlights from today:

1 comment:

BonnieS said...

This was so cute! It's not a Mathews video unless both girls cry right :)