Monday, May 10, 2010

Fit for a Princess

Chris didn't come to Indiana with us this weekend because he was very busy painting at home. I now have a lavender bedroom! Whoo-hoo! I've wanted to paint our room for sooooooo long, and I am so grateful to my husband for making my wish a reality. But that's not all that SuperDad accomplished this weekend. Oh, no.

He also transformed Emma's former Winnie the Pooh bedroom into a true princess fairyland. The bedroom switcheroo was an early birthday surprise for Emma, and Chris did all the planning and the implementation. Em went absolutely nuts when she saw it. Daddy really outdid himself this time.

The photos below are some examples of the wonderful Poohs that Chris and our friend Angie painted on Emma's walls six years ago, back when Em was chillaxing in my tummy and I was divinely oblivious to the parenthood insanity that would soon take over our lives. They did such a fabulous job. Those Pooh bears watched over our little girl and kept her company for so many years. When Em was a baby, we used to start each day by saying "good morning" to Pooh. As she got older, she'd measure her growth progress by how much shorter or taller she was than the giant Pooh bear painted just inches off the floor. As weird as it sounds, I think of those bears as her first friends, and I think she did too. We'll miss them.


And here's a video of Emma's new princess oasis. Yeah, I know...Holy Pink, Batman! But the girl loves herself some pink, I tell ya. (By the way, don't you think the lame narration and weird scuffling noises in the background add terrific ambiance to the video? I'm a real auteur.)

1 comment:

chrismath said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments honey.