Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The robots are coming, the robots are coming!

As some of you know, for the last few months I've been spending most of my time with robots. Not socially (although doesn't that sound fun?), but professionally. I've been rehearsing a show called Heddatron, and in spite of the process's not-so-auspicious beginning when I was trapped in an elevator, the entire experience has been lovely. However, it is a tricky play to describe. If you like robots, Hedda Gabler, Henrik Ibsen, Victorian drama, small-town malaise, Ecuadorian rainforests, Bonnie Tyler, or Laura Linney, then you are sure to enjoy at least five minutes of this play. (Hmmm...that isn't necessarily the best sales pitch ever heard, but I TOLD you it's a tricky play to describe!) It's got a little bit of everything - even a little bit of me! But I warn you, only a little. My part is very small. So don't come just to support me (as sweet as that is, and I thank you); I think you should come to see a truly original show. Because like it or hate it, I really believe this show is worth seeing. And I'm relatively confident that it's like no play you've ever seen before. (I know...my preposition is just dangling out there for everyone to see. So embarrassing. But I digress.)

Here are a few production shots from our dress rehearsal last night. Our first preview is this Friday, and we officially open in two weeks. Fingers crossed for a great run!
 Mrs. Ibsen (me), Else (Jenni Shine) and Henrik Ibsen (Rob Koon) mucking it up in 1890 Munich.

Did I mention there's a musical number? 
Jenni Shine and me rockin' it with August Strindberg (Brian Grey).

  
Oh, yeah. Your first taste of the robots. 
That's Billy and Hans sharing the stage with the lovely (and very human) Nina O'Keefe.

No comments: