Monday, October 22, 2012

Slow down there, Willie

Sophie just leaned in and whispered, "What's a sleepover?"

After I explained, she informed me that her classmate Willie would like to have a sleepover with her. Apparently, he is coming over tomorrow and bringing his bed and some snacks. He will be here at fifty-two.

"Fifty two what?" I inquired.

"Fifty two time," Sophie clarified with a sigh.

Then she told me I could call his mom at 43-2 to confirm plans.

I theorized that maybe we should try a playdate before jumping straight into the world of sleepovers. Sophie asked if Willie could still bring snacks. After assuring her that Willie is more than welcome to bring any snack he likes, she agreed that a playdate was probably a more reasonable first step.

I really gotta meet this Willie. He sounds like an interesting dude.

No comments: