Friday, October 19, 2012

Sophie on a Friday morning

Soph: "Taylore and I sat next to Willie the other day at school and it was so funny because we kept saying 'there's a girl next to you, there's a girl next to you, there's a girl next to you' until he screamed and ran away!"
Me: "You are silly. Why did he run away?"
Soph: "Willie doesn't like girls. He says we are yucky."
Me: "Well, that's not very nice."
Soph: "He's just confused. I told him we weren't yucky, we just have vaginas and he has peanut-ses and we can still play together."
Me: "Penises. Not peanut-ses."
Soph: "I know, that's what I said!"
Me: "Okay. Well, try to go easy on poor Willie. Sounds like you freaked him out."
Soph: "No. He likes it. On the inside. I can tell."
Me: "Hmmm. You are a very wise four-year-old, Sophie. Very wise indeed."
Soph: "Thank you."

---------------------------

Soph: "In Misconsin, is it night or day right now?"
Me: "It's morning in Wisconsin, just like here. Wisconsin isn't that far away from Illinois, so they have morning and night at the same times we do."
Soph: "But the kids go to different schools there, right?"
Me: "Well...yes. I mean, different school buildings. But they learn at their schools, just like you learn at yours."
[long pause]
Soph: "Do they get to climb trees at their school?"
Me: "I don't know, honey."
Soph: "Ugh! I bet they do. Misconsin is so lucky."

No comments: