Friday, February 21, 2014

The land of pretend

Choice phrases currently overheard from the family room, where the girls are playing one of their many random games of pretend:
"Sophie! You're a dog. You don't talk. You drool. Yes, like that. Except not so much, that's disgusting! Gross. Use better judgment, please."
"I'm sorry, Miss Lady. I said kiss the pillow, not the doll. That's five points from Gryffindor."
"I'll take two pieces of sugar and five pieces of chicken, please. And make it snappy."
"Emma! You propped my finger all the way back and it could have broken OFF. I'm not plastic, I have REAL SKIN and you need to be CAREFUL!"
"Close your eyes, count to ten, and then stop breathing so I can give you mouth-to-mouth susta-tation."
And my personal favorite:
"What the heck? Be careful where you wave your legs. You almost kicked me in the vagina, and that's AGAINST THE RULES."

No comments: