Friday, February 7, 2014

Dreaming of winter...sort of

Emma: "I had the craziest dream last night. It was very cold, like now, with snow and ice everywhere, but I kept thinking it was summer outside and I would run out in shorts and a bathing suit and sunscreen and I would try to jump into the pool, and you would come and get me and scream, 'What are you doing, have you lost your mind?' But I would escape again and again and again and sneak outside and take off all my clothes and roll around in the grass. Except there was no grass, just snow, and my skin would turn red and I was shivering and still I wouldn't come in and finally you called the police and told them I had, like, a mental problem and they took me to the hospital. And I stayed in there for a week and a half and when I got out everyone was so glad because I wore my coat to the car but then I took off all my clothes as soon as we got home and I asked if we could go to the beach and you started crying and I just kept jumping and playing in the snow with no shoes on and later, when everyone was asleep, I ran outside and climbed up the tree where I keep my knife for when robbers come and I killed myself because I was so tired of being cold. The end."

Um...I think this year's winter is getting to everyone in my household just the teensiest bit.

No comments: