Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Missing School

The first thing I saw this morning upon opening my eyes was Emma's face approximately 3 inches from mine. "Wake up, Mama!" she cried. "Today is a school day!"

After rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I took a good look at Emma as she stood impatiently beside my bed. To my enormous surprise, she was completely dressed from head to foot - including coat, boots, mittens and hat. She was even dangling Sophie's coat in her hand.

"Mama, Sophie's awake. I need help getting her out of the crib. I went potty and I can eat my breakfast bar on the way. We have to hurry or we'll miss morning songs!"

Granted, morning songs don't begin until about 9:45am and Emma roused me at about 7am, but who am I to dampen her eagerness? So we arrived at school very very early, and as I left Em instructed me to tell Daddy "not to pick me up until the clock says five!"

Em hasn't been to school in two weeks, and I guess she really missed it.

No comments: