Friday, February 27, 2009

Deep Car Thoughts

Snippets of conversation from our ride to school this morning:

"Mommy, there's a man's hole!" Emma shouts.
"Huh?" I reply.
"A man's hole, like in Enchanted!"
"Oh...a man hole," I clarify. "Yes, you are right, that is a man hole."

A few seconds later...

"Giselle [in Enchanted] falls down the waterfall and then comes up the man's hole, just like dying," Emma says.
"Huh?" I reply.
"She goes to a different place - from the waterfall to the man's hole - just like dying," Emma explains.
"Oh...I think I see. Did somebody tell you that dying is like going to a different place?" I ask.
"Yep. My teacher."

A few minutes and much explaining later...

"So," Em asks, "when we go on vacation, then we aren't dying?"
"No Emma, we do not die when we go on vacation."
"Oh good. So what do we do when we [I hold my breath at this point, certain she will finish the sentence with the word "die"]...go on vacation?"
"Oh, lots of things!" I answer with relief. "It depends on where we go."
"Okay. So, what do we do when we go on vacation to hell?"

No comments: