Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sisters...and friends?

My girls seem to actually like each other. For real. They play together and enjoy each other's company. On Emma's school days, Sophie goes from room to room searching for her, and Emma cries if she doesn't get home before Sophie is in bed. It's sort of nice. And strange. And lovely. I mean, it's exactly what I'd hoped for, but I didn't know if it would really happen - and I certainly didn't expect for it to happen this soon.

I feel compelled to document it because I am well aware that it may not last. So here's a video from a couple days ago of them playing their own, made up games. I believe Emma was playing "dead" and then giving chase. They had no idea the video camera was on. They were just...enjoying each other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how nice this will be to refer to in like 3 years when sophie yells for the 100th time that day "MOM! Emma's touching me."

Anonymous said...

Short lived as it may be, it is very sweet.