Friday, May 4, 2012

My New Show. COME.

Is anyone else finding that the humidity is wreaking havoc on their hair? Mine is longer again for the first time in years, and the closer we get to summer, the more I look like Bozo the Clown. But hey...I digress.

Guess what ya'll...I'm in a new show!

As most of you know, one of the places I work for is Erasing the Distance, a kick-ass organization that sheds light on mental health issues through theatre. I am ETD's Communications Director and an actor in the ensemble. We have an amazing world premiere opening May 14th called Good Enough, which features the stories of five women living with depression or bipolar disorder, and guess who is performing one of the stories? That's right...ME!

I am very proud to be part of this show for a myriad of reasons, but top of the list is the (sad) fact that it is extremely rare to be in a play with an all-female cast, plus a female director, stage manager, and production manager. I've been acting since I was 9 years old, and this is the first time it has happened to me. HOW COOL IS THAT??? (Obviously, I think it's pretty cool.) Don't miss your chance to see five glorious female actors rock the stage, because it doesn't happen very often folks. The play is at Chicago's Center on Halsted, and I invite all you local yokels to come out and get your Good Enough groove on! (No, it's not a musical. I don't know why I keep using musical analogies. I think it's because I'm kind of excited for Rock of Ages? But I'll stop now.) Anyway, click here for all the Good Enough details.

Also - below is a short promo video we made about the production. Check it out! And then, I command you: grab your girlfriends, order your tickets, and get thee to the theater! Me and my hair ginormous clown wig will see you there.

No comments: