Tuesday, May 1, 2012

You Will Peruse This Photo Book...AND YOU WILL LIKE IT

I don't scrapbook. I hate crafts, I can barely sew on a button, and don't get me started on quilting/crocheting/knitting/etc. But I do attempt to document things, albeit very sporadically, through this blog...and dude, I love photos. Know what I love even MORE than photos? Putting together my family's yearly photo books.

In the past, just about the only person who witnessed my photo book handiwork was my poor husband, who is typically forced every year to view approximately 22 different drafts and then attempt to tell me which version he likes best without letting on to his hyper-sensitive wife that, in reality, he can't tell any of them apart. (My husband is a master at emotional tightrope walking. He has been studying for over 16 years, and at this point he has at least six different graduate degrees in ETW from the Jenny-Math Institute for People Who Love Emotional Time Bombs.)

But this year, I can share my photo book with THE WORLD! (And by THE WORLD, I mean the 16 people who read this blog faithfully.) And since all 16 of you know how much I love phoning in rounding out blog posts with photos, you know I'm not gonna turn down the opportunity to shove my family's gorgeous photogenic genes down everyone's throats.

So without further delay, I present the Mathews Family's Year In Review: 2011. Check it out below or click here if you want to see a larger version. Either way - enjoy! (Oh - and if you aren't in the book, it's probably because we didn't see you that year and/or simply have no photos of you from 2011. It's not because we don't like you or you pissed us off or we fear your ugliness will muck up our beautiful photo book, I PROMISE.)
width='720' height='520'>

5 comments:

chrismath said...

I think this one is the best yet!

Kathy & Brian said...

LOVE THE BOOK!!!!

I also don't scrapbook (Who has the time?) I am not creative or crafty....I sewed my first button on a month ago (yay me!!)....but I LOVE doing photobooks. I think I am addicted!!! I do one for each family vacation we take. I did one last fall with all my sons first day of school pictures from K through senior year. I just finished a HUGE one for my son - Birth to 2008 (almost every single picture that was ever taken of the kid...nearly 700 photos) starting a book today of him from 2008 - through 2012. LOVE photobooks!!!

Jen the Rambler said...

Kathy - I think I'm addicted too. I've gone back and redone my first daughter's baby book in photo book form, and I plan to do the same with the second. I re-did our wedding album...I'm a little fixated. :) Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome book! I can't believe how patient you are to not only put in the time to select the photos but to select the words and expressions as well.

If I send you a few (i.e. 100's) of photos - would you create a book for me? Pleeezzzzzz .....

Grandma Kitty

Julie said...

Love the photo book, Jen! And betwee you and Kathy - you both make me want to get my self motivated and get ours in books! I always feel bad because I take a ton of pictures, but the boys never get to see any of them because they are just on the computer. Maybe that will be my 2012 goal - to get as much in photo book form as possible! I like how you didn't write a lot - you just did photos of the significant things you did from 2011, with lots of just fun photos! Great memories!!!