Thursday, September 4, 2008

Stuff

Emma was very excited today when I picked her up from school. She couldn't wait to tell me about the yellow rice and beans she had for lunch and that it was her favorite lunch EVER...and she went on and on and ON about the guest teacher that taught the children "yoda." (She means yoga.) The teacher asked each child to name their favorite animal, and then she had the group do each animal's pose. Em showed me the elephant and giraffe, and then she demonstrated how to breathe in and out, in and out, "from your sender." (I think she means center.) Apparently I do not know how to breathe properly b/c she informed me I was doing it wrong. I apologized profusely for my breathing ignorance and begged her forgiveness. Her grudging reply? "It's okay, I guess. Just breathe better next time."

In other news, I forgot to mention earlier that Sophie's first tooth came in last Friday - or at least that's when Grandma discovered it. (Yes, Grandma--not Mommy...I leave for ONE DAY and milestones are reached, ain't that always the case?) The tooth is barely through the surface and hard to see, but it's definitely there. Sophie has been a much more pleasant baby to be around since "the breakthrough," as I like to call it. In fact, today we spent two and a half hours at the mall after NO morning nap, and she let out nary a cry. When she so chooses, she is quite the angel baby.

And lastly, we are all missing Chris tonight. He is in Buffalo visiting his Nonnie, and Emma seems to be having trouble comprehending the time line of his departure and return. She told Miss Louise today that Daddy was gone "forever," and then she asked me if Daddy was going to be home for dinner. Tonight when I put her to bed, she asked me to have Daddy tiptoe in and give her a kiss when he got home. (She always asks this when one of us is gone at bedtime.) I reminded her that Chris isn't back until Saturday. She told me that was perfect - she'll be up by then "b/c Saturday is after 7, so he won't even waken me up!" I decided to let her flawed logic go and simply replied, "Okay, I'll tell him."

No comments: