Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weekend

We had a nice weekend. I took the girls to the Nature Museum Saturday. Em loved the butterfly haven and the river works area and the playground with the swinging vines. I loved getting out of the house for a bit after a Friday of sickness. Sophie loved chewing on her stroller strap.

Today we all went to the zoo. Em loved the carousel and the train ride and the monkeys. I loved the restraint I showed at not ripping a "Women for McCain" button off an elderly woman's blazer lapel and hurling it into the trash. (Yes, she was wearing a blazer...to the zoo. In 70 degree weather. But I digress.) Sophie loved chewing on her stroller strap.

Mostly, we are just glad Chris is back home safe and sound. Tonight he created a game called Baby in a Box for the kids, which basically consists of throwing one of them in a box and shaking them back and forth. Sophie was dubious, Emma was delighted.

My favorite part of today was giving Sophie a bath and then shaping her hair into a faux-mohawk while she flashed evil-baby faces at me. Now that's entertainment.

Hope you all had a good weekend too.

No comments: