Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mommy through Emma's Eyes

Okay, I'm stealing a Facebook idea for my blog. There's this chain letter on FB where you are supposed to ask your child the following questions about yourself and write down their answers exactly how they respond. Sophie can't really participate yet, but I asked Emma. For better or worse, here is what she said. [Funny story: when we were done, she said she was going to "go research the answers that you asked me," and then she started writing down stuff in ink and saying "um hmm, uh huh" to herself until I realized she was scribbling all over our checks and I made her stop.]

1. What is something mom always says to you?
I love you.

2. What makes mom happy?
When I share you something.

3. What makes mom sad?
When I'm being rude.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
This is how you make me giggle: [in funny voice] Iloveyousomuch.

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Like your hair was the color of my hair, a little bit.

6. How old is your mom?
15.

7. How tall is your mom?
I believe it's THIS tall. [stretches arms out as far as they will go]

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Play ball with me.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
You play with Sophie a lot.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
I really don't know what in the heck you're saying.

11. What is your mom really good at?
You're really, really good at throwing the ball and picking out clothes.

12. What is your mom not very good at?
You're not very good at drawing, a little bit.

13. What does your mom do for her job?
You work on the computer and you play a show.

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Pop Tarts.

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Sometimes when I'm sad you give me a little treat.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
WallE or Grandma Kitty.

17. What do you and your mom do together?
We dance together and play together.

18. How are you and your mom the same?
You have the same color body as I have.

19. How are you and your mom different?
Because we don't share the same things because I'm just a kid and I have kid stuff and you have none toys to play with and so we have different things.

20. What's your favorite thing about Mom?
We play hide and seek together.

21. What's your least favorite thing about Mom?
I don't like it when you take things away from me that I can't have all day because it's a rule.

22. How do you know your mom loves you?
Because you say that you love me!

23. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
To a restaurant! How about to Red Lobster?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So insightful. I never knew you loved pop tarts so much. Good to know. And dang if your daughter isn't the most adorable thing with such great, honest answers.