Wednesday, April 15, 2009

And So It Begins...

The search is over.

[Insert drum roll here.]

Wait for it, wait for it...

I am proud to announce that Emma Bloom Mathews is officially enrolled in kindergarten. She will be going to Walt Disney Magnet School. Chris and I really like what we've seen and read about the school, and we are so relieved that a decision is made that we are not only comfortable with, but also excited about. Em peeked through the windows of different classrooms (or "pods," as they call them) during registration today, and she met and played with three little girls who will be in her grade next fall. I kept going on and on about the colors and toys and computers and teachers and artwork and playgrounds and books and cafeteria, and she seemed enthusiastic about all that she saw. But after we left, the one thing she took away from the place was, "I can't believe my new school is named Disney...just like Cinderella!"

It's surreal to me that come September 8, 2009, I will be the mother of a kindergartner. Onward and upward!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Well... it's no Culver, but I guess it'll do... Congrats!