Monday, October 25, 2010

Aladdin Made Me Lose My Mind

Apparently, Chris now likes to spend his spare time recording secret videos of the women in his household. This weekend, he managed to nab some footage of us being silly while I was completely unaware. (Believe me...if I had known, I would have twirl-kicked that camera right out of his hand.) I wasn't very happy when I found out what he'd done (understatement of the YEAR), but I have to admit - it is nice to have tangible evidence for Emma and Sophie that at least once during their childhood, Mama played with them. Plus, I discovered the viewer can block me out of the video entirely with one very precisely placed hand. (This can be challenging, considering I am dancing around like a drunk ballerina through the whole clip. But if you have exceptional hand-eye coordination, I maintain that the hand block process works quite well.) However, if you must indulge a glance or two at the tall chick hopping about in her pajamas, make sure you enjoy yourself. Because you are witnessing a very rare Jen-on-video occurrence, and now that my vigilance level has been upgraded from yellow to red (I'm watching you, Chris), it will likely never happen again.

3 comments:

chrismath said...

I'm so happy you posted this! I think it is extremely adorable.

Gen said...

what a good mama. this actually made me cry. it's the sort of thing i'd remember so clearly from my own childhood with my own mom.

Annie Crow said...

No, this is lovely. Made me cry too.