Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My kids

Let's face it: my kids are rather odd.

Exhibit A:
Sophie started the day happy as a clam - chatting away, giggling, being silly. Suddenly, she stopped mid-conversation and declared, "I'm having a bad day." It was 6:45am. Then she threw herself face down on the floor and lay prone like this:
Why, you ask? I have no idea. That's just how my kid rolls. 

Exhibit B:
About 30 seconds after the face-down-on-floor-bad-day incident, Sophie stood up and announced she wanted to talk with the camera. Here is our conversation - nothing earth shattering, just typical Sophie cuteness:

Exhibit C:
Later, Emma and Sophie had themselves a little clown party in the living room. My favorite part of the video is when Sophie inexplicably stops to hold her butt...and then starts dancing again. Do you see what I am dealing with, people?!?

These are three relatively mild examples of what passes for normal around here. I accept that my attempts at control are merely an illusion. I'm just the mommy pinball, bouncing from one weird thing to the next, trying to keep up.

2 comments:

chrismath said...

our kids are crazy...I love that.

Annie Crow said...

Yours and mine both.I think it comes from us. I mean, what small bodies to try to store such big emotions and creativity in!