Monday, November 14, 2011

(Almost) Middle-Aged Besties

I have a best friend.

That sentence feels sort of silly to write at 37 years old. I mean, I'm not, like, in junior high or something, right dude? Well...screw that ageism crap. I am kinda middle-aged (yikes!), I have a best friend, and I still call people "Dude" occasionally. (Although not nearly as much as my best friend.) Take that, stereotypes!

So, my bestie has this awesome blog called GenwithaG.com. Check it out, if you haven't. It rocks. Today, she wrote a blog post that touched me greatly. It may not be obvious to everyone else, but to me, the post reads like a gesture of love to little ole me from one of the most amazing women I know. So I thought I'd share it with you (just click here), because today I'm feeling especially grateful for all the wonderful friends I have in my life, and they don't get any better than Genevieve. I feel so proud and lucky to be her friend, and I want everyone to know it.

No comments: