Monday, November 7, 2011

Beware: imagination can maim your ponies and prostitute your mothers

Emma was playing with her ponies when they got into a terrible accident involving a city bus. It sounded quite traumatic, at least judging from all the gruesome sound effects coming out of Emma's mouth. However, she quickly stitched them up, and now broken wing, leg and snout are all healing nicely.

(Sidebar: yes, that is a bra hanging out in the upper right corner of this photo. I can't stand wearing a bra and tend to fling mine off the moment I enter my home, letting it land where it may. I do not now, nor will I ever, apologize for this.)


Sophie drew a picture of me this morning. Considering she's only 3, I'm pretty impressed that she did this all by herself. (Well, except for her signature. She points, I write.) Pretty good likeness, don't you think? I particularly like the beard.

I am mildly disturbed that she inexplicably wrote "Ho" on a drawing of me, but then again - a mother that can't keep her bra on really shouldn't be surprised, I guess.

2 comments:

chrismath said...

Perhaps this is of me (though I do not have a beard either)?
She did draw a heart, which is nice!

Annie Crow said...

After seeing Buddy's recent attempts at writing (plus that of his classmates, they do a lot of writing in his new room), my guess would be that she was trying to write "mom".

Glad to hear the ponies are recovering nicely.