Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Please...help a lady out, would ya?

Hello, my lovely blog readers! Don't you all look gorgeous today? Okay, you guessed it...I'm buttering you up.

I'm gonna say right up front that I'm pushing an agenda with this post. I try to rarely do that on my blog, but this is just too important to me. I'm not asking for much, I promise. In fact, my little ole request requires no money and very little time from you. (I know, I sound like a used car commercial, but I swear - it's true!)

As many of you know, one of the fabulous arts organizations for which I work is Erasing the Distance. (Click the link to find out more about us. Go ahead...I know you want to.) Chase Community Giving has a program on Facebook where they give away $3 million dollars to 100 small charities...not charities that Chase chooses, but charities that we the people get to choose. (Wow, I gotta say...using the phrase "we the people" in a sentence is kind of cool. I might start doing it every day.) The winners are determined strictly by which organizations get the most votes. Erasing the Distance is in the running for one of these grants, and I ask you to please please please consider voting for us.

The contest ends Nov. 22nd, so time is of the essence. All you have to do is click the button below and vote for Erasing the Distance. (Make sure you "Like" Chase Community Giving first, or they won't let you vote.) Seriously...it's that easy.




Chase Community Giving


Once you've voted, PLEASE spread the word to family and friends! This a nationwide contest with thousands of charities in the running, so every vote really counts.

I cannot emphasize enough how much a grant of this size would mean to our little organization. Your vote will positively impact so many lives. At the very least, it will impact mine...and from the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

No comments: