Sunday, July 27, 2008

Summer Weekends...

Another great weekend...beautiful weather and (thankfully) no travel! Unfortunately Chris battled a nasty cold all weekend, but he didn't let it slow him down much. Saturday Emma had her soccer game, and she actually got a couple good kicks in. I've no idea if her team won or lost (they don't keep a score count), but at least they made a few goals. Here she is looking very athletic-like in her fancy shin guards as she races for the ball.
Mommy, Daddy, Aunt Jayme and Sophie all cheered Emma on - although Sophie's idea of "cheering" is to lounge in the sun looking pretty. However, I must say she does it very well.
Today we went to a Schaumburg Flyers minor league baseball game. I don't know what the Flyers' record is or what any of their players' names are...in fact, until recently I didn't even know they existed. But I do know that they have $5 lawn seats and some yummy grub, and that's good enough for me. We met our friends Derek, Kris and Ella, and we all had a really good time. Here are Emma and Ella playing in the grass.
Remember that good eatin' I spoke of before? I wasn't the only one who appreciated it.
Emma even got to meet the Flyers' mascot...which is inexplicably a bear. Perhaps he's a flying bear? I don't really know. But he was a friendly bear that loved to give high fives, so Emma was happy.
Both girls crashed out on the car ride home, which is always the sign of a fun, full day. And another summer weekend bites the dust. I can't believe it's almost August - so much sunshine, so little time!

No comments: