Sunday, October 25, 2009

Here's to your health

It has been a long week, but it's now Sunday and things are looking up. Emma's been fever-free for two days and was able to attend her friend Olivia's fairy princess birthday party yesterday. However, she still has a hacking cough and runny nose, so we postponed a theater trip today out of fear that she'd cough the actors right off the stage. (Dooby Dooby Moo, we'll catch you in a few weeks.) Fingers crossed that all's a go for school tomorrow. Her class is going on a field trip to the Children's Film Festival, and I know she doesn't want to miss it.

Chris is doing much better as well, and I seem to be hanging tough - I feel rundown and have some cold symptoms, but no fever or craziness like the rest of the fam. It's little Sophie that is struggling the most. She's had a fever now for five days, plus the whole cough/swollen eyes/gushing nose thing. I feel so badly for her. All it takes is one glance to see how miserable she is.

Here's a pic of the girls from this morning - Sophie's poor eyes are so swollen, they barely open! Monday, bring us some good health, please. If I'm stuck inside watching "Halloweentown" on repeat one more day, I can't be held responsible for my actions.

1 comment:

Annie Crow said...

Poor Soph! Glad the rest of the fam is recovering and that you have (knock wood) been spared the worst.