Thursday, November 19, 2009

And the winner is...

Emma is pumped to see Dooby, Dooby, Moo at Lifeline Theatre on Sunday. We've read the book several times over the last couple of weeks, and Em's become quite familiar with all the little nuances of the story. Our friend Craig plays Farmer Brown in the show, and he warned me that the stage adaptation is a bit different from the book. After imparting this news to Emma, she decided to bring the book with her to the play so she can follow along and note how the two differ. I launched into a list of reasons why that might not be a good idea, but she remained undeterred.

Finally, I explained that she won't be able to read during the play because the house will be too dark. In the same simple tone one would use to state their hair color or shoe size, Emma replied, "But I have night vision."

Sigh. Okay, I'll admit it...she stumped me with that one.

No comments: