Saturday, November 21, 2009

School Photos

Here is Em with her kindergarten class. Aren't they a good looking group? (Emma is 3rd row from top, 5th kid from the left.)
And here is Em's individual school picture...
This photo cracks me up. She looks like there are little monsters standing just outside the shot, aiming hot pokers at her feet and demanding, "Look happy, look happy!"

There seems to be some kind of unspoken rule that school pictures must always be...well, a little off. I suspect the photographers purposely miss the mark just to keep the horrid tradition going. Personally, I think it's great. Whenever I weed through our family photos at the end of the year, only the best make it into the album. So I figure, the girls' school pictures can be a really cool chronological record of their most awkward moments growing up. All the better to embarrass them into submission when they get older.

No comments: