Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sophie!

My baby turned 2 today.

Mom, Cara and Cadin drove up from Indiana (six hour round trip!) to help us celebrate, which meant more to me than I can ever properly articulate. My sister took time off from homework, mommy-work and work-work (she goes to nursing school AND works full time AND raises three kids), and Mom put in a 14 hour work day yesterday just so they could all see Sophie on her big day. Jayme wanted badly to be here too, but she had a test she couldn't miss. (She also goes to school and works full time...we are a family of multi-taskers.) The day felt so much more special because we were able to share it with loved ones, and in the spirit of the season I wanted to take a moment and express how incredibly thankful I am for all my family's love and support. I seriously have the best family EVER.

Their arrival was a surprise for the girls, and Sophie lit up when she saw the three of them waiting outside our apartment after dropping Emma off at school. But Emma's face when she got off the school bus to find Grandma waiting for her was absolutely priceless. We only had a few hours together, but we packed in some good play time. Here are pics of Sophie blowing out her candles and the kids playing with new toys, hanging out, and goofing around.

My baby turned 2 today.

Sorry. I just had to type it one more time because, honestly, it still doesn't feel real.

No comments: