Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Retainers

Emma is fascinated with the permanent retainer I have behind my lower front teeth. I told her that the retainer helps keep my teeth from moving when I eat. (A somewhat simplistic answer, I know, but hey - she's 4. I feel the specifics of orthodontia can at least wait until kindergarten.)

So tonight, she called me into her bedroom after lights out to tell me, "I need a retainer for my neck to keep my throat from moving when I drink water. Please call the teeth doctor and make a point-ment. Tell him I want one just like yours, except a necklace. And no shots, please."

I don't know at what age kids stop wanting to be just like their parents, but I suspect it ain't gonna last long. So I'm gonna enjoy it while I can...it can sometimes be annoying, but mostly I find it super-cute.

No comments: